Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Reading these pages kinda gives me a headache thinking about my revisions. I think there is alot of good information in this section, though a lot of it I feel like has been gone over in previous classes. I liked the part about about controlling information. I feel in past papers I haven't always integrated really valuable information into the paper in an appropriate manner that gave its full value. this is something I think I need to work on especially in my ethnography. I think having an interesting read that isnt just reciting facts, but integrating them in a readable manner is pretty important. I'm definitely not a huge fan of some of the exercises he has in the section, I feel if you take time to examine a paper from an outside point of view, and at different times a person should be able to clear up the issues that he addresses in the book.(I have a sneaking suspicion we will be doing one of the exercises in class tomorrow). Overall, I found it helpful but not really ground breaking, though it helped to set the tone for this upcoming revisions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment