This reading was about revision. It gave helpful pointers on how to revise the first draft of a paper successfully. The author says that you should not be afraid that you will ruin your paper when revising. He goes on to give helpful exercizes one could use while revising.
This is reading will help me while I begin revising my papers. I can relate to what the author is talking about when he mentions falling in love with your first draft. I do that sometimes and it makes me not want to add or take away anything from my first draft. When revising my ethnography and argument papers I need to focus on adding more information and analysis rather than taking away. The author also mentions trimming down wordy sentenses which is another thing I am going to focus on. Overall, this reading will turn out to be helpful when I begin my revision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment