Wednesday, November 18, 2009

CR221-240

Brandon Eller
ENGL MWF
CR 221-240

The purpose of this reading was to get us thinking about how to approach and revise our papers. The author created many exercises to help us approach our papers without getting overwhelmed. He also used many analogies to help us connect to what he was saying like comparing his essays to his high school girlfriend. His statement “I’d work on something very hard, finally finishing the draft. I’d know there were problems, but I’d developed such a tight relationship with my draft that the problems were hard to see. And even when I recognized some problems, the thought of making major changes too risky” really connected with me. I know my original papers had issues, but I worked so hard on them, and at a certain point I didn’t care anymore. With all the research and time I put into my paper, I saw it as a beautiful thing. But as with most of my papers, after taking a long break from looking at it, I can see a lot of areas where it needs work, and now I have no problem going back and making some changes. Exercise 5.4, which we are doing on Wednesday as far as I can remember, seems interesting, and beneficial to do. Who knows, maybe it will help to reorganize ideas and make it a more fluent paper. I can honestly say I wish I had these hints and exercises in high school to help with some important papers that I needed to graduate so I could have finished them before my senior year.
With these directions on how to properly revise my papers, I am confident that my portfolio will turn out to be a wonderful thing. I won’t have to spitball fixing up my papers and just hoping for the best, I will now have a guide on what needs to be done, and how to approach each revision I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment